Main Article Content
Hand neurilemmomas have a variety of documented unusual anatomical locations, including intraosseous, subungal and within the carpal tunnel.1,2,3 This case report describes an occurrence of a neurilemmoma in the hand which is unusual not only in its anatomical location but in the way it mimics a more malignant process.
2. Huntley, J, Davie, R and Hooper, G. A subungal schwannoma. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2006;117:712–13. https://doi.org/10.1097/01.prs.0000197915.31085.b1 PMid:16462394
3. Robb, J E. Trigger finger due to neurilemmoma in the carpal tunnel. Hand. 1978;10:299-301. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0072-968X(78)80054-0
4. Rockwell, G M, Thoma, A and Salama, S. Schwannoma of the hand and wrist. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2003;111:1227–232. https://doi.org/10.1097/01.PRS.0000046039.28526.1A PMid:12621196
5. Forthman, C L and Blazar, P E. Nerve tumors of the hand and upper extremity. Hand Clin. 2004;20:223. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.hcl.2004.03.003 PMid:15275682
6. Dwyer, C L, Creager, A J and Lubahn, J D. An unusual presentation of a digital schwannoma: case report. Hand. 2015;10:301–304. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11552-013-9590-x PMid:26034448 PMCid:PMC4447651
7. Yen, J, Song, D. and Tang, Y. Management of extremity neurilemmomas clinical series and literature review. Ann Plast Surg. 2013;71:37–42.
8. Russell, S. Preserve the nerve: microsurgical resection of peripheral nerve sheath tumors. Neurosurgery. 2007;61:113–118. PMid:17876241
9. Ozdemir, O, Ozsoy, M, Kurt, C, Coskunol, E and Calli, I. Schwannomas of the hand and wrist: long-term results and review of the literature. J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong). 2005;13:267–72. https://doi.org/10.1177/230949900501300309 PMid:16365490