Main Article Content
Plastic Surgery, Manpower, Diversity
2. Cohen JJ, Gabriel BA, Terrell C. The case for diversity in the health care workforce. Health Affairs. 2002;21(5):90–102.
3. Australian Bureau of Statistics. 2016 Census Quickstats [web report]. Canberra: Australian Government [Updated 17 August 2018; cited 20 June 2018]. Available from: http://quickstats.censusdata.abs.gov.au/census_services/getproduct/census/2016/quickstat/036?opendocument.
4. Australian Bureau of Statistics. 2071.0—Employment in Australia. Census of population and housing: reflecting Australia—stories from the census. [web report] Canberra: Australian Government. [Updated 11 July 2018; cited 20 June 2018] Available from: http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/Lookup/by%20Subject/2071.0~2016~Main%20Features~Employment%20Data%20Summary~67.
5. Cox TH, Blake S. Managing cultural diversity: implications for organisational competitiveness. The Executive. 1991:45–56.
6. Robinson G, Dechant K. Building a business case for diversity. Acad Manage Exec. 1997;11(3):21–31.
7. Simons SM, Rowland KN. Diversity and its impact on organisational performance: the influence of diversity constructions on expectations and outcomes. J Technol Manag Innov. 2011;6(3):171–83.
8. Jackson SE, Joshi A, Erhardt NL. Recent research on team and organisational diversity: SWOT analysis and implications. J Manag. 2003;29(6):801–30.
9. Barsh J, Lee L. Unlocking the full potential of women at work [web report]. McKinsey and Company. 2012. [cited 20 June 2018] Available from: https://www.mckinsey.com/business-functions/organization/our-insights/unlocking-the-full-potential-of-women-at-work.
10. Herring C. Does diversity pay?: Race, gender, and the business case for diversity. Am Sociol Rev. 2009;74(2):208–24.
11. Peel JK, Schlachta CM, Alkhamesi NA. A systematic review of the factors affecting choice of surgery as a career. Can J Surg. 2018;61(1):58.
12. VicHealth. More than tolerance: embracing diversity for health: discrimination affecting migrant and refugee communities in Victoria, its health consequences, community attitudes and solutions—a summary report. Melbourne: Victorian Health Promotion Foundation, 2007.
13. Australian Government. The multicultural access and equity policy guide. Canberra: Department of Home Affairs, 2018.
14. Van Heest AE, Agel J. The uneven distribution of women in orthopaedic surgery resident training programs in the United States. J Bone Joint Surg. 2012;94(2):e9.
15. Gardner AK, Scott DJ, Pedowitz RA, Sweet RM, Feins RH, Deutsch ES, Sachdeva AK. Best practices across surgical specialties relating to simulation-based training. Surgery. 2015;158(5):1395–402.
16. Shetterly ML. Hidden figures. New York: William Morrow and Company, 2016.