Aust J Plast Surg. 2020;3(1)
The Editors-in-Chief of the Australasian Journal of Plastic Surgery, Prof Mark Ashton and Mark Lee, are pleased to announce the release of the first issue of the third volume of AJOPS.
This issue features editorials on:
- how to achieve balance in plastic surgery by Mark Lee
- how AHPRA can improve compliance of health practitioner advertising by Jodie Atkin, and </li/>
- an update on the treatment of nerve gaps by William Alexander and Christopher J Coombs.
In Breast we have original articles on:
- the 'flying brevet' technique for consistent method of mastectomy for chest wall reconstruction in female-to-male transgender patients by Jeannine Eva McManus, Elise Bryant and Hugh Bartholomeusz
- the benefits of incisional negative pressure wound therapy for patients undergoing bilateral breast reduction by Nicholas Savage, Mohit Jain and colleagues, and
- a case and of delayed outpatient free flap ischemia by Andrew J Davidson and Jeremy W Simcock.
In Cleft lip and palate, Linda Monshizadeh and Vijith Vijayasekaran present an original article on the Perth scoring system for reliable assessment and measurement of improvements following cleft lip revision.
In Hand, we have:
- an original article by Alyse Hopkins, Sebastian RA Bowman and colleagues offering recommendations for improved identification and management of triquetral fractures
- a review article by Robert Phan, David Hunter-Smith and Warren Rozen exploring the significant contributions Australian researchers have made to the understanding of Dupuytren’s disease
- a case series by David McCombe, Brinkley K Sandvall and Christopher J Coombs of displaced subcapital phalangeal fracture nascent malunions.
Thank you to our dedicated team of section editors and reviewers for their contributions to this issue. We hope readers enjoy it and welcome comments and feedback via letters to the editor for publication in our September issue.
If you have an article or case you would like to submit for consideration, or a perspective, 'how to do it', review or practical, non-clinical skills for surgeons, please view our guidelines here. For questions relating to submissions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to be notified when the September issue of AJOPS goes online, be sure to register as a reader on the website at www.ajops.com.
Prof Mark Ashton MBBS MD FRACS and Mark Lee MBBS FRACS
Australasian Journal of Plastic Surgery
A joint venture between the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons, Australasian Foundation for Plastic Surgery
and the New Zealand Association of Plastic Surgeons
Suite 503, Level 5, 69 Christie Street St Leonards NSW 2065
office : +61 2 9437 3041 | mob: +61 469 911 471 | Fax: +61 2 9437 9210