Main Article Content
cultural diversity, plastic surgery, workplace, surgeons, attitude
2. Cohen JJ, Gabriel BA, Terrell C. The case for diversity in the health care workforce. Health Affairs. 2002;21(5):90-102. https://doi.org/10.1377/hlthaff.21.5.90 PMid:12224912
3. Australian Bureau of Statistics. 2016 Census Quickstats [web report]. Canberra: Australian Government [Updated 17 August 2018
4. Australian Bureau of Statistics. 2071.0Employment in Australia. Census of population and housing: reflecting Australia’s stories from the census. [web report] Canberra: Australian Government. [Updated 11 July 2018
5. Cox TH, Blake S. Managing cultural diversity: implications for organisational competitiveness. The Executive. 1991:45-56. PMid:2063013
6. Robinson G, Dechant K. Building a business case for diversity. Acad Manage Exec. 1997;11(3):21-31. https://doi.org/10.5465/ame.1997.9709231661
7. Simons SM, Rowland KN. Diversity and its impact on organisational performance: the influence of diversity constructions on expectations and outcomes. J Technol Manag Innov. 2011;6(3):171-83. https://doi.org/10.4067/S0718-27242011000300013
8. Jackson SE, Joshi A, Erhardt NL. Recent research on team and organisational diversity: SWOT analysis and implications. J Manag. 2003;29(6):801-30. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0149-2063(03)00080-1
9. Barsh J, Lee L. Unlocking the full potential of women at work [web report]. McKinsey and Company. 2012. [cited 20 June 2018] Available from: https://www.mckinsey.com/business-functions/organization/our-insights/unlocking-the-full-potential-of-women-at-work.
10. Herring C. Does diversity pay?: Race, gender, and the business case for diversity. Am Sociol Rev. 2009;74(2):208-24. https://doi.org/10.1177/000312240907400203
11. Peel JK, Schlachta CM, Alkhamesi NA. A systematic review of the factors affecting choice of surgery as a career. Can J Surg. 2018;61(1):58. https://doi.org/10.1503/cjs.008217 PMid:29368678 PMCid:PMC5785290
12. VicHealth. More than tolerance: embracing diversity for health: discrimination affecting migrant and refugee communities in Victoria, its health consequences, community attitudes and solutionsa summary report. Melbourne: Victorian Health Promotion Foundation, 2007.
13. Australian Government. The multicultural access and equity policy guide. Canberra: Department of Home Affairs, 2018.
14. Van Heest AE, Agel J. The uneven distribution of women in orthopaedic surgery resident training programs in the United States. J Bone Joint Surg. 2012;94(2):e9. https://doi.org/10.2106/JBJS.J.01583 PMid:22258016
15. Gardner AK, Scott DJ, Pedowitz RA, Sweet RM, Feins RH, Deutsch ES, Sachdeva AK. Best practices across surgical specialties relating to simulation-based training. Surgery. 2015;158(5):1395-402. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.surg.2015.03.041 PMid:26169785
16. Shetterly ML. Hidden figures. New York: William Morrow and Company, 2016.