1. Name of Journal: Australasian Journal of Plastic Surgery
2. Abbreviation/other titles: AJOPS; Australas J Plast Surg
3. ISSN: Online only: 2209-170X
4. Timing of publication: Twice per year
- Name of Publisher: Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Contact Address: Suite G01, Ground Floor, 69 Christie Street, St Leonards 2065
- City: New South Wales, AUSTRALIA
- Telephone: +61 (0)2 9437 9200
- Email: [email protected]
- Homepage: www.ajops.com
6. Year of first publication: 2018
7. Editorial scope: All aspects of plastic and reconstructive surgery research and review including aesthetic, breast, burns, cleft lip and palate, craniomaxillofacial, experimental research, general reconstruction, hand, head and neck, history of plastic and military surgery, international collaboration, melanoma and skin cancer, paediatric, PRS Board of Training and technical and preoperative investigations/imaging.
8. Contributors/journal sponsorship: The Australasian Journal of Plastic Surgery was established in 2018 as a joint initiative between the Australasian Foundation for Plastic Surgery and the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons. The journal is published by the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons with support from the New Zealand Association of Plastic Surgeons.
9. Language: English
10. Publication history:
Ten issues starting Mar 2018:
Volume 1: Mar 2018; Sept 2018
Volume 2: Mar 2019; Sept 2019
Volume 3: Mar 2020; Sept 2020
Volume 4: Mar 2021; Sept 2021
Volume 5; March 2022; Sept 2022
Abstracting and indexing information
Directory of Open Access Journals
AJOPS is indexed in the DOAJ - a community-curated online directory that indexes and provides access to high quality, open access, peer-reviewed journals. DOAJ is independent.
AJOPS is cited in WorldCat - the world's largest network of library content and services.
AJOPS is cited in Google Scholar - a web search engine that indexes the full text or metadata of scholarly literature across an array of publishing formats and discipline.
AJOPS is a member of Crossref - official digital object identifier (DOI) registration agency of International DOI Foundation
AJOPS is proud to have been accepted as a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics.
AJOPS is proud to have been accepted as a member of the Open Access Scholarly Publishing Association.
ASPS, NZASPS, AFPS, Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons, New Zealand Association of Plastic Surgeons, Australasian Foundation for Plastic Surgery, publications, science, educational, scientific surgery, journal, journals, Australia, Australian, Australasian, New Zealand, international, plastic surgery, reconstructive techniques, aesthetic, breast, burns, cleft lip and palate, craniomaxillofacial, experimental research, general reconstruction, hand, face and neck, history of plastic and military surgery, international collaboration, melanoma and skin cancer, paediatric, PRS board of training, technology and preoperative investigations and imaging, microsurgery, reconstructive surgical procedures.
The journal utilises the LOCKSS system to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries and permits those libraries to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration.
Core journal statistics for the volume 4, 2021:*
65 - Submissions received1
202 - Reviews requested2
129 - Reviews received3
37 - Total declined4
17 - ...of which, desk reject5
48% - Acceptance rate7
158 - Days from submission to acceptance8
*The number of acceptances and rejections is based on all decisions made in 2021, and may include papers submitted to the journal prior to 2021.
1 Number of new articles received by the journal
2 Number of peer review invitation emails that were sent out
3 Number of completed peer review reports received
4 Total number of articles rejected (including desk rejects)
5 Number of articles rejected prior to peer review
6 Number of articles that received a 'Accept for publication' decision
7 Number of acceptances, as a percentage, against the total number of final decisions
8 Average from submission to acceptance for all publications in the volume